The Malaysia Skills Certificate (Sijil Kemahiran Malaysia – SKM) is a certification awarded by the Department of Skills Development (DSD) under the Malaysian Ministry of Human Resource.
Recognised by industries in Malaysia, the Malaysian Skills Certification produces quality skill workers and provides a career development path to meet today’s demand and need for vocationally trained skilled workers both in Malaysia and globally.
There are 5 levels of certification under the Malaysia Skills Certification:
- Malaysian Skills Certificate Level 1 (SKM)
- Malaysian Skills Certificate Level 2 (SKM)
- Malaysian Skills Certificate Level 3 (SKM)
- Malaysian Skills Diploma Level 4 (DKM)
- Malaysian Skills Advanced Diploma Level 5 (DLKM)
- Able to read, write and calculate in Malay or English.
- Has obtained a lower level SKM Certificate to participate in the high level SKM Certificate of the same course.
Accredited centres are centres providing skills courses that are approved by the Department of Skills Development to carry out skills training and offer the Malaysian Skills Certificate for certain industries and levels based on the National Occupational Skills Standards (NOSS). The 5 categories of Accredited Centres are:
- Public Accredited Centres (K)
- Public Accredited Centres (L)
- Industrial Accredited Centres (I)
- Association Accredited Centres (P)
- NDT Accredited Centres (NDT)